Monday, October 7, 2013

Sixth Grade Announcements and Assignments

Grades are being updated and should be complete in a day or two.

Our first vocabulary quiz was returned today. I apologize that I did not post on the blog before that happened. I will be much more timely in the future. You should notice increased posting soon.

Regarding the quiz, my policy on quizzes is to allow re-takes. I will begin allowing re-takes Wednesday after school and will also allow them on Thursday and Friday after school.

In class today, we learned about the Mehrgarh Civilization—one of the earliest civilizations we have good information on. They existed 9,000 years ago in what is now Pakistan! Students took notes on a keynote presentation. I will be posting the presentation here by tomorrow.

Student also need to remember that I will be checking their notebooks on Thursday for a grade. To get the highest grade, the right-hand pages must have accurate notes from class and the left-hand pages must have creative processing. They can have pictures, graphs, maps, charts, cut-out-and-pasted images, lists, etc. At least eighty percent should be about the topics we are studying in class.


No comments:

Post a Comment